VMware Horizon Community
RobinPlomp01
Contributor
Contributor

Full Virtual Machine Pool

Hi,

I've created a full Virtual Machine Pool with dedicated User Assignment.

When a user logs off and logs back on he is returned to his VM and al his changes are there.

Now the user installed an application that requires a reboot of the VM. After the reboot all his changes are gone.

How can I configure the Pool so that user changes are preserved during a VM reboot?

Thanks

Robin

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Robin,

Please validate the type of Assignment.

For a Full Virtual Machines Pool with Dedicated Assignment, they should be retained. With a Floating Assignment you can choose to 'Delete machine after logoff' > Desktop Settings for Automated Pools That Contain Full Virtual Machines

Richard

//

0 Kudos
RobinPlomp01
Contributor
Contributor

Ok. I have a Automated Desktop Pool with Dedicated Assignments but I see that changes are not preserved after a reboot. Any ideas where to look?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

How were the full desktops created? What did you install before allowing users access?

0 Kudos
RobinPlomp01
Contributor
Contributor

I've installed VMware Tools and the Horizon Agent and the AppVolume Agent. I've deselected both Instant Clones and Composer agent.

0 Kudos
RobinPlomp01
Contributor
Contributor

sjesse​ do you have anymore input on this subject?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

If these are full virtual machines then why is the appvolumes agent installed. This is for non persistent desktops, and one of the side effects of having that agent installed and logging in with a domain user is things get lost due to parts of the system being virtualized.

RobinPlomp01
Contributor
Contributor

App Volumes Agent was causing the issue.

0 Kudos