VMware Horizon Community
JohnCollins
Contributor
Contributor

Force a pool to a new composer?

Hello,

I'm in the process of upgrading View from 3x to 4. I've moved the composer and database to a Vsphere VCenter server, and I am able to create new pools and populate them ok. I've got a couple old pools that still point to the old composer, and will not let me select the new composer. The new server composer shows in the pool settings, but will not allow me to select it. I am also unable to delete the pool since the old composer is no longer running.

Is there a way to force the pool to the new composer?

Thanks,

John

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Just a quick reply here. Did you see the upgrade guide? I haven't read it entirely yet, but possibly it addresses your issue:

0 Kudos
HenryCai
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey John,

What happened here is, since View Composer and View Server maintain their own database/ADAM data,View composer will only have knowledge about the linked-clones it created and manages, while View Server only maintains info about the relationship between pools and composers/VC. And also, since the communication between the View Server and View Composer is single direction(from view server to view composer), migrating view composer to a different VM won't generate any update on the View Server side ever. I think your case is not officially supported.

At this point, you can recreat your old composer and then delete those old pools.

Points needed, if you think I am helpful:P

Points needed, if you think I am helpful:P
JohnCollins
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, that helps. Luckily, the existing pools were in limited use in production. I'll reinstall the Composer on the old VC and remove pools as they become obsolete.

I'll reply with results.

Thanks,

John.

0 Kudos
JohnCollins
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Henry, that did the trick.

0 Kudos