VMware Horizon Community
mousseau_45
Contributor
Contributor

Floating pool two replica disks

Hello,

I have created a floating pool starting out with 10 desktops, I then expanded that to 30 additional clients for a total of 40. But now I have two different replica disks the first 10 pointing to the one repilca disk and the rest pointing to the other. How do I get them all back onto only one replica disk? Also how can I move the replica disk from one datastore to another? Any help is much appreciated, Thanks...

Mike

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Unless you have choosen the option to play replicas on a single datastore then a replica will be created on each LUN that a corresponding VDI machine runs from.   You also will have a replica for each image so make sure all of your machines are using the same snapshot.

0 Kudos
mousseau_45
Contributor
Contributor

The last time I recomposed them I pointed to the one snapshot but it still created or updated the two replica disks. Where is the option for "play replicas on a single datastore"?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

The option to place replicas on a single datastore would be available under the pool settings. 

0 Kudos
mousseau_45
Contributor
Contributor

I see where I can limit it to one datastore but if I do that my first 10 will fall off, how do I get them all on the one replica disk is my main issue. I just want all 40 poitning to one replica disk so I can delete the old one.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I'm not sure I understand how the first 10 will fall off.   If you choose the option to have a dedicated replica datastore then all clones once recomposed will be tied to the replica on that datastore.    

0 Kudos
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

While doing last recompose, have you enabled the option "Change snapshot for new desktops" ?

If not then that will be a reason to create new replca VM.

Perform recompose once again (to the same image) and this time tick the option to update the snapshot for future clones

0 Kudos