VMware Horizon Community
calladd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Floating Assignment pool and Wyse P25

I am currently testing some Wyse P25 Zero-Clients and I have set them up to autoconnect via Kiosk mode to a pool that is setup as a Floating Assignment, Linked-Clone pool that refreshes the desktops on Log-off.

So far everything is working great except one thing.  When I logoff of a desktop in the pool, the Wyse P25 will disconect (as expected) but instead of grabbing the next available desktop in the pool once it re-authenticates to the Connection Broker, it instead displays the following Error.

"Unable to connect (0x1002). Please contact your IT administrator."

But give the zero-client about 1 minute and it will connect to a desktop just fine. 

Any ideas here folks?  My idea was that when a zero-client logged off of a desktop in a Floating Assignment pool, it would just grab the next available desktop in the pool, what could be preventing this from happening.

Here are the zer-client Session Configuration settings:

Property NameValue
Session Connection Type View Connection Server + Kiosk
View Connection Server AddressVDI.MY.DOMAIN
View Connection Server Port443
Enable View Connection Server SSLTrue
Certification Check ModeWarn if the connection may be insecure (Default)
Use OSD Logo for View BannerTrue
Enable Session Disconnect HotkeyTrue
Session Lost Timeout5 s
0 Kudos
7 Replies
calladd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here is how the pool is setup:

fleet.png

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Is it connecting back to the same broker or is there a load balancer that could take it to a different broker?   I'm just curious if it could be something where the status of the machine/connection needs to be updated in the replica group.  

calladd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not at the current time.  I have a single Security-Gateway that is connected to a Single Connection Server.  It almost looks like the Zero-Client is expecting to attach to the same desktop it had previously.  But of course that desktop is being refreshed so it will naturally be unavailable.  And the pool is set to Floating assignment, in the software client world a setup just like this would just have the client pickup the next available desktop in the pool, not attempt to connect to the same one again.

0 Kudos
gmtx
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Is it possible it's just slow logoff that's causing it?

We had similar problems with 5.1 and slow logoffs caused by persona management, and it was pretty easy to spot just by watching the console on the VM after a logoff. You could see it taking more than a minute to actually finish logging off and then the VM would refresh. While this was happening a user trying to log back in would get the error.

Geoff

calladd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Could be.  I am standing up a few more test P25's in my office where I can watch the entire process from both ends.

I may also test bypassing the Security Gateway as well to see if I have some latency issues between the systems that might be to blame.

0 Kudos
calladd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update:

After re-configuring my Wyse terminals to bypass the Security Gateways and go directly to the Connection Servers the entire problem has gone away.

I am re-configuring all of my Wyse terminals to do this.

0 Kudos
MayurPatel
Expert
Expert

Hi, I am curious to find out how you actually configured your P25 terminals to bypass the Security Gateway server. Is it simply just using the IP address of Connection Server in the DNS Name or IP Address field??

I am having similar issues but not related to reconnecting to floating desktops. In my PoC setup there is no Security Gateway because we are using IPSEC VPN tunnels from our remote sites and constantly we get issues with logging in to new desktops and also reconnecting to disconnected sessions. There is only 1 View connection server v5.1.2-928164.

The errors we are seeing are as below:

1. Unable to connect to desktop. There is no available gateway for the display protocol

2. The display protocol for the desktop is currently not available

3. Unable to connect (0x1001) Please contact your administrator

The above errors/issues are only experienced by mostly WAN users on the Wyse P25, occasionally the same issue is also encountered randomly by users connecting from P25 devices on the LAN. Windows View Clients users do not have any issue.

This to indicates the problem is to do with the Wyse P25 client configuration. I have tried disabling the AES-256-GCM because View 4.5 onwards does not use it but this does not seem to make any difference.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MP

0 Kudos