VMware Horizon Community
PriyankaKamdar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Flash URL redirection for Horizon View VDIs

Hi,

I have implemented HTML access for VMware Horizon View. I runned remote experience agent and installed HTML access component only and web access of VDIs are working fine.

I have to now try flash url redirection.

I installed this component too by running again .exe of remote experience agent. I am following document : http://www.vmware.com/pdf/horizon-view/horizon-view-52-feature-pack-document.pdf which says to verify feature is installed by checking if ViewMPServer.exe process is running on desktop by taking a PCoIP session of virtual machine at page  number 29 of this pdf.

But i am not able to locate this process. checked in task manager too. Can anybody suggest me how I can check if this process is runnning?

Regards, Priyanka Kamdar
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Flash URL redirection will not work with HTML Access, have you tried using the Horizon View Client instead?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
PriyankaKamdar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes i am experimenting Flash url redirection with horizon view client. But still I am facing this issue.

Regards, Priyanka Kamdar
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

As I wrote above, Flash URL redirection will not work with HTML access.

What issues do you have when using the View Client?

What OS are you using on the client and the agent?

Have you configured the Adobe Media Server and added the configuration to the MHTML-webpage?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
PriyankaKamdar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As I wrote above, Flash URL redirection will not work with HTML access.

HTML access and FLASh URL redirection both are components of installer Remote experience agent. And I understand from your saying that if HTML access is installed and used one cant install and use Flash URL redirection. Is it the thing?

What issues do you have when using the View Client?

As page 27of pdf http://www.vmware.com/pdf/horizon-view/horizon-view-52-feature-pack-document.pdf  says to verify flash url redirection is installed by carrying out following steps:

1 Start a virtual desktop session that uses PCoIP.

2 Open the Task Manager.

3 Verify that the ViewMPServer.exe  process is running on the desktop.

when I am trying these steps I am not getting any process running named ViewMPServer.exe  in task manager.

What OS are you using on the client and the agent?

OS version is windows 7 enterprise 64 bit, Remote experience agent version is 3.0 that is part of  feature pack of 3. View agent version is 5.3.1

Have you configured the Adobe Media Server and added the configuration to the MHTML-webpage?

I have not reached till this step. I am stucked at step of verify flash url redirection is installed. Still to be clear what exactly is adobe media server. I dont have any adobe media server in our infrastructure.

Regards, Priyanka Kamdar
0 Kudos
Leon_Kan_Li1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello mate

Have you had any resolution?

I'm running into the same problem here today; I used the silent installation with view 6.2 agent for Flash URL Redirection, but cannot see the viewmpserver.exe in the launched PCoIP session at all

Any comments would be great Smiley Happy

Much appreciated.

Regards,

Leon Li

0 Kudos