VMware Horizon Community
HenrikElm
Contributor
Contributor

Feature wish for View 3.1?

1. Why can't you only remove the VDI PC from the broker (and leave it in vCenter) when using linked clones persistent pool, when it can be done with non linked clones (fat)? For reasons why this is bad, see http://communities.vmware.com/message/966551#966551

2. Related to 1 I guess. Please make it possible via GUI to (re)assign the user<->PC relationship in a pool. Both with fat and linked clone VDI PCs. For reason, see link above. I would dislike having to set up individual desktops for all, it does not scale well to say the least..

3. Please make it possible to use Windows Server 2008 (32 and 64 bit) as all roles with VDI (broker and composer).

4. Please make it possible to use 64-bit XP/Vista as VDI clients.

/Henrik

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SurfControl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

a live bootable View client CD/USB image which can be used to make an old PC to a thin client terminal

more affordable licensing with linked clone

0 Kudos
VirtualSven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

A plugin for vCenter to manage View. I don't like the admin webportal.

blog @ www.virtualfuture.info

Sven Huisman VMware vExpert 2009-2016 Twitter: @svenh blog: svenhuisman.com
0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It'd be best to put this in formally via the Feature Request page: http://www.vmware.com/support/policies/feature.html

They do take consideration in from customers.

0 Kudos
srinivasaddagat
Contributor
Contributor

Also they seem to have removed "Allow multiple session per user" in 3.0.1 for persistent pool which i guess is not the case with VDI 2.1

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Persistent pool or non-persistent pool? IIRC, it's still there in non-persistent pool and was never in persistent pool.

0 Kudos
srinivasaddagat
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, its still there in non-persistent pool. I remember reading about this feature in persistent pool. Any specific reason why its not allowed ?

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I can check as to why but more than likely it's because it's a persistent pool and the idea is one VM per user in a persistent pool.

For a non-persistent pool it makes sense to be able to use more than that because you're not tied down. I would highly recommend, however, that you put in a feature request.

0 Kudos
Arnaud75
Contributor
Contributor

Another kind of authentication like radius.

0 Kudos