VMware Horizon Community
ijeevan23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Failed to update Windows Firewall for BLAST

Hello!

I have been trying solve an issue with blast installation.

When I install blast on our VDI environment; I happen to get below error (Firewall is ON on the View Connection Server). However, the installation was successful.

While accessing the VDI from client machine using browser, I am able to login and enter into my allocated pool. But when I click a pool, I am left with blank screen.

I did troubleshoot, by establishing telnet connection using port 8443 from client to server; it was successful. Telnet between View Desktops and View Connection using port 22443 server fails.

There was no symptom of port 22443 established at my View Connection server.

Any assistance on the above will help,

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ijeevan23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Everyone - Thank you for your effort to give me an solution.

I fixed this issue. It is very simple that HTML access installer could not connect to Windows firewall; this is because View Connection server was installed without firewall was enabled. During View Connection server installation; we have option to enable Firewall settings; which ignored during the setup.

Hence enable Firewall settings while installing the View Connection Server. This is the lesson learnt.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Have you configured the Blast gateway settings on the broker? Maybe you need to add the dns-name?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
ijeevan23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Linjo -  Thank you for your response. Yes, it is configured. We made it with the DNS-Name only.

PS: The HTML installer didn't even contact the local firewall; because there is no entry for any VMWare related service.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
mjpagan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was just working on this after updating to 5.3 and creating some new pools at my work.  Check to make sure that your Windows Firewall is enabled.  I believe the Windows Firewall needs to be enabled to be able to install the Remote Experience Agent.  I found that the OS Optimizer I used had disabled the firewall on me.

Mike Pagán MCITP:EA, MCSE, VCAP5-DCA, VCAP5-DCD,VCP 5, VCP5-DT, CCNA, A+
0 Kudos
ijeevan23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Everyone - Thank you for your effort to give me an solution.

I fixed this issue. It is very simple that HTML access installer could not connect to Windows firewall; this is because View Connection server was installed without firewall was enabled. During View Connection server installation; we have option to enable Firewall settings; which ignored during the setup.

Hence enable Firewall settings while installing the View Connection Server. This is the lesson learnt.

Thanks.

0 Kudos