VMware Horizon Community
kwacky1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Failed to retrieve application details from the network: MsgShuttingDown

View 4.6

Recently I have been unable to scan for any new thinapps. After selecting scan for new thinapps, selecting the repository and then selecting the thinapp the scan bombs out with "Server Error" "Failed to retrieve application details from the network: MsgShuttingDown"

Can anyone give me some pointers on where to dig deeper into this problem? Would the connection servers be my next port of call?

Thanks

Simon

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LikeABrandit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If checking the other CB's like Mittim recommended doesn't help, do you happen to be using ThinApp 4.7.2 to capture the application? There's a known issue with ThinApp 4.7.2 and View 4.6.x, the current workaround is to use 4.7.1 or earlier to capture the apps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you have multiple connection brokers have you attempted to scan from each of them to rule out a CB problem? 

0 Kudos
LikeABrandit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If checking the other CB's like Mittim recommended doesn't help, do you happen to be using ThinApp 4.7.2 to capture the application? There's a known issue with ThinApp 4.7.2 and View 4.6.x, the current workaround is to use 4.7.1 or earlier to capture the apps.

0 Kudos
kwacky1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

Yes I have tried each individual CB (4) and the same problem exists on each.

I'm having the problem with a Thinapp captured using 4.7.3 (the new application that I'm trying to import) and also 4.5.0 (an application that I know has previously been used in our view environment)

I'll try capturing the app in 4.7.1.

0 Kudos
kwacky1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Re-capturing in 4.7.1 worked.

Bugger, guess I'm stuck in the dark ages.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
LikeABrandit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No problem, I'm glad at least the workaround is working. I managed to pull up the KB on it if you need it for reference at some point, and maybe it'll be updated with a more permanent fix. Although I'm not sure how focused on View 4.6 they'd be at the moment. Either way, here's the link:

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2031571

kwacky1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Funnily enough I had rad that article, which is what caused me to try an old app that was captured in 4.5 and also try the newer 4.7.3.

According to this website (http://edwinfriesen.nl/content/?p=767) View 4.x has another 22 months of maintenance left.

Thanks again for all your help.

0 Kudos