VMware Horizon Community
danielmgrinnell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Failed to connect to Connection Server ONLY in Chrome, works in all other browsers

I am unable to click on the HTML Access Client and get to my resources on the connection server through Chrome i get a "Failed to connect to Connection Server" But again this only happens in Chrome. Any suggestions?

failed connection.PNG

Thanks all!

9 Replies
JL1900
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue. It works in all other browsers except Chrome. Also if you use the connection server's hostname instead of a dns alias or loadbalanced name it does work!

The issue (at least in my environment) was due to a security feature enabled by default in 7 and if working in a load balanced scenario (who doesn't? Smiley Happy )

https://pubs.vmware.com/horizon-7-view/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.horizon-view.security.doc%2FGUI...

Disabled the feature via locked.properties file and it started working (using the checkOrigin=false entry only). I have not tried editing to work with load balancer yet. But hopefully soon.

0 Kudos
TDJB3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

JL1900,

We have the same issue and I was looking at the KB.  This KB doesn't state it, but you have to create the locked.properties file.  I read it in https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=21447....  I was looking in my connection servers trying to find the locked.properties.  I hope that this works.

0 Kudos
JL1900
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah sorry, I forgot to mention that. The locked.properties file doesn't exist by default and I had to create it too.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Create a file called install_directory\VMware\VMware View\Server\sslgateway\conf\locked.properties.

Either add a line:

checkOrigin=false

or a line

balancedHost=load-balancer-name

where load-balancer-name is the hostname used in the URL by the remote access user. e.g. myvdi.myco.com.

See Documentation for VMware Horizon 7 version 7.0

Mark

TDJB3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks guys!

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please confirm if that answered this. Thanks.

0 Kudos
lirick
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If the Connection Server is not configured with load balancer or AP, another possible thing to cause the error is an IP address is configured on HTTP(S) Secure Tunnel->External URL, in this case, issue can be resolved by replacing the IP address with FQDN address.

TDJB3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I added the locked.properties file with the check=Origin=false line to all my connection servers.  I can connect to each of the connection servers using the specific DNS name for each server through Chrome.  What I can't do now is connect through a DNS name that our Security gave us to use.  Using that DNS name will direct us to one of the connection servers that is available.

Thanks for the help you have given me and I hope for additional advice.

0 Kudos
JL1900
Contributor
Contributor

Are you using Blast Secure Gateway to tunnel the connections?

If so that has to be configured to use your load balanced dns name.

i.e.

Blast External URL: https://DNS.vmware.com:8443

0 Kudos