VMware Horizon Community
snyderkv666
Contributor
Contributor

FSLogix and DEM profile redundant data

Thanks for reading.

There seems to be user config data in two places and I'm not sure if this slows down login times unnecessarily.

Even after using FSLogix profile containers, the DEM Profiles share for interesting data aka app config data still persists in %username%\archives\applications\Notepad.zip. I deleted this with the entire DEM Profile and it came right back despite that it's already in the profile container I'm assuming anyways. 

Is this by design or is FSLogix not capturing this data? I can't turn it off to test since I'm in NoAD mode and would have to redo the base image although I am testing in a lab before implimentation.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Look at this, you can program DEM to remove the data from the profile 

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Dynamic-Environment-Manager/9.8/com.vmware.user.environment.manage...

0 Kudos
snyderkv666
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks sjesse, that didn't remove the *.zip folders so I had to right click the app in the application tree and select "retire".

Quick related question, what do I lose by not having say Notepad and Office settings stored in the DEM Profile instead of the profile container?  I'm wondering if I need DEM at all if I'm just going to use GPO for the environment settings or if I keep DEM, am I suppose to delete/retire every single application under the DEM General\Application tree so it doesn't keep that data from being controlled by the profile container?

Let me know.

0 Kudos