VMware Horizon Community
Myanix
Contributor
Contributor

External User Not Redirecting from UAG to VC using HTML Access

Hi,

We have some problem regarding UAG redirection to VC when user using HTML Access. The VC is unreachable after success login on UAG. 

But when we are using Native Client, it is working fine. I dunno what is the difference it is using HTML Access and Native Client ?

We start having this problem since upgrade due to log4j vulberability update. Is there anyone else having this problem ?

I have open case several times and we still can't find the cause and solution. 

Also when we bypass the VC (beforehand is using SLB), it is working. Its getting strange 😆

The network team says it is not network problem since no changes and not getting the packet on the SLB when problem happen. 

The horizon team says it is SLB/Network problem since bypassing SLB is working. But native client not having any issue when SLB is used.

Maybe someone know more about it, you can share

Thanks

MY

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
SurajRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you share the topology of the environment?

Also is UAG pointing to specific connection server or CS Load Balancer URL?

0 Kudos
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Difficult to root cause without understanding the environment, but there is a Connection Server setting where we can decide to use BLAST gateway for HTML access. Double check these settings.

Blast Secure Gateway

Use Blast Secure Gateway for all Blast connections to machine
Use Blast Secure Gateway for only HTML Access connections to machine
Do not use Blast Secure Gateway

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos
Myanix
Contributor
Contributor

Here the simple Topology :

User ---> Internet --> Public DNS (uag.abc.com) --> Public IP (x.x.x.x) --> SLB UAG IP --> UAG Server --> SLB VC URL --> VC Server 1 and 2

UAG is pointing to CS LB URL
0 Kudos
DanVM99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not sure if this is relevant to your issue but might be worth checking:

https://carlstalhood.com/vmware-unified-access-gateway/#horizonedge

Do a find on page and look for 'HTML Access' until you come across the section that starts 'f. HTML Access probably won't work...'

0 Kudos