VMware Horizon Community
Bugatt1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

External URLs

Hi!

If a user located in the Inet uses Horizon Client via PCoIP to get his remote desktop, what URL must I set Enabled and what can I disable?

secure tunnel external URL, PCoIP external URL, and Blast external URL

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The External URL is used for the secondary communications made between the client and server.  It is also used as a method of secure transport when using RDP as the display protocol.

The PCoIP secure gateway is typically used when you have a Secure Server deployed, or have a desire to funnel all client traffic through a few IP's.  With the PCoIP secure gateway enabled, PCoIP traffic sent between the View Agent and View Client will all be funneled through the Security Server or Connection Server.  Without this setting enabled, the clients and agents will communicate with one another.  The former is typically used in an environment with firewalls, while the later is more commonly used for internal-only traffic.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vTimD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So here is a link to the documentation for these settings. While it may not be the exact version you're using, the settings / theory is the same:

VMware View 5.2 Documentation Library 

-vTimD http://www.vtimd.com If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos
Bugatt1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I asked here because I cant fully figure out what explained in the doc.

What is the difference between secure tunnel External URL and PCoIP secure gateway URL? Should I use PCoIP SG while using PCoIP protocol and secure tunnel while using RDP?

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The External URL is used for the secondary communications made between the client and server.  It is also used as a method of secure transport when using RDP as the display protocol.

The PCoIP secure gateway is typically used when you have a Secure Server deployed, or have a desire to funnel all client traffic through a few IP's.  With the PCoIP secure gateway enabled, PCoIP traffic sent between the View Agent and View Client will all be funneled through the Security Server or Connection Server.  Without this setting enabled, the clients and agents will communicate with one another.  The former is typically used in an environment with firewalls, while the later is more commonly used for internal-only traffic.

0 Kudos