VMware Horizon Community
GTO455
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Extended logon times with KB5021233 installed (Dec. 2022 Windows Update)

Hello,

Has anyone else noticed their logon times on Windows 10 desktops taking longer than expected with the December KB5021233 update installed?

With the update installed our logins were taking over 2 minutes (2:15). After we removed the update and republished the pool, logins are back down to around 1:30.

We ran through the entire gamut of backing out of a 22H2 upgrade, re-running the optimizations, excluding GPO's, deleting ActiveSetup stub paths, etc. Only removing this update resolved the problem.

Environment:

• Horizon 8 2111

• Windows 10 21H2

• FSLogix (Office Containers)

• DEM 2209

• AppVolumes (Appstacks only)

• Optimized with Microsoft VDOT Tool.

Logon Monitor doesn't really tell much, but we also use Stratusphere and that provides a little bit more information. It seems "Post Logon Activity" has gone up considerably, but we did notice Searchhost taking an abnormal amount of time as well as a couple of line items involving svchost which I cannot decipher.

So I streamlined the Indexing options as a result, and defragged the search database, but it is still occurring and Search is still taking a long time according to Stratusphere.

If I remove the update, the login times go back to normal (for us anyway).

Has anyone else noticed something similar and found a fix? There is no way our security team is going to let us proceed without this update in place.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Rude
Contributor
Contributor

Apologies for no resolution but just wanted to note that we had to "rollback" to our GI with November Updates as well. A lot of things broke!

Also Running Environment:

• Horizon 8 2111

• Windows 10 21H2

• FSLogix

• DEM 2209

• AppVolumes (Appstacks only)

• VMware Horizon OS Optimization Tool

0 Kudos