VMware Horizon Community
BSheets
Contributor
Contributor

Export list of view users

I am looking for a way to export the current list of users that are assigned to a VDI. I have tried through vdmadmin.exe and can gather lists of VDI's or full information for single users but not just a list of all the users for each pool or for the entire server. Either one would be fine, once I have it exported I can break up the lists.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
eeg3
Commander
Commander

Assuming you don't need to do it through a script or command line, you can do it through the View Administrator portal under 'Users and Groups' and then clicking the 'Save' (floppy drive) on the top right.

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
BSheets
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply. The method described will provide an export of any directly entitled user, however I have groups entitled so it will not show who is assinged to a desktop that does not have direct entitlement.

If there is a way to export all assigned users from an entire cluster or signle pools, that is what I need.

Thanks

0 Kudos
BSheets
Contributor
Contributor

Earl - Thanks for your reply. I did find what I needed. If I just clicked on Desktops then I can use that Save button and get a list of all desktops with the user assigned.

!!

0 Kudos
apuckett
Contributor
Contributor

BSheets,

I just created the following powershell script to automate a list of current users assigned to vms which get's updated nightly via scheduled task.  The output is a standard CSV with "vm,username" formatting.

Make sure View PowerCLI is configured properly on the Connection Server which you wish to run this script on.

#Author: Arin Puckett
#Date: 8/19/2011
#Purpose: Outputs a .csv file containing all VMs associated with a user and their entitled users

. “C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\extras\PowerShell\add-snapin.ps1”

$vms = Get-DesktopVM

foreach ($vm in $vms){

if($vm.user_displayname -ne ""){
          $vmName = $vm.Name
          $user = $vm.user_displayname
          $data = $vmName+","+$user
          $list += $data+"`r`n"
     }
}

$list | Out-File -FilePath "c:\Desired Path\viewUsers.csv"

Hope this helps,