VMware Horizon Community
mtnman1000
Contributor
Contributor

Experience on an IPad with 2 factor

I am trying to find a 2 factor solution that does not require 2 authentications and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. So far it looks like all solutions for the Windows client require you to authenticate to the 2 factor, then once again with domain credentials but I am not sure about the IPad or even Android.

Basically on the VMWare View logon screen it should have the PIN field along with username, password & domain.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SabrinaHou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMWare view supports two kinds of 2 factor solutions: RSA SecurID and  RADIUS. Both Android and iOS view client support these 2-factor authentication methods.

The admin user can modify the authentication setting to enforce 2-factor user name and Windows user name matching. If the RADIUS is selected as 2-factor authtication, the admin can change the setting to use the same user name&pwd for RADIUS and Windows authentication which you only need to input the user name and password one time.

More information about the View Connection Server Administration can be found from below location

https://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/view_pubs.html