VMware Horizon Community
BenBostonUW
Contributor
Contributor

Everything but the Horizon client works . . .

Hey there.  I'm an end user on a larger account, but I'm not local to the organization I'm working for.  I'm on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, mid 2009), which is my own personal machine so have full admin privileges, etc.  I'm running OSX v10.11.3 ("El Capitan")

I downloaded the Horizon client 3.5 about a month ago and at first it worked, but for the last two weeks (perhaps a bit more) I haven't been able to connect to the server.  I pull up the client, open the connection to the server, and it gives me login information, with the correct organization name in the "Domain" field, but after I put my user name and password in, I just get a spinning connection screen. . . forever. At first the tech guys were trying to run things down on their end, we reset passwords, they checked all the network connections, they checked the setting on my account.

They have had no problems with my account, they've been able to log internally on PCs and Macs and get the virtual desktop.  I can also access the desktop through any browser by pointing the browser at the virtual desktop server, but it's slower than the client was and I would prefer to access it through the Horizon client.

I've gone through all the settings that I can, I upgraded to Horizon client 4.0.1, I've restarted a bajillion times, but I haven't been able to resolve this problem.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vTimD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I see that you say you've updated and restarted. Have you completely removed the client with a program like App Zapper? It removes the app, and all associated config files, etc. from Mac. Then try re-installing the client from scratch. Maybe there is a bad config somewhere. I believe App Zapper allows you to zap the first couple apps for free. It's worth a shot.

-vTimD http://www.vtimd.com If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos
BenBostonUW
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I'll give that a try and tell you how it goes.

0 Kudos