VMware Horizon Community
angelo_casanova
Contributor
Contributor

Error with VMware View Composer linked clones

hi vmware community

i want to open a case, but MyVMware is currently down 🙂

I have a strange issue at a customers site. We are using VMware View 5.0.0 with VMware Composer

Since today the deployment of new desktops doesn't work anymore.

a new virtual machine will be cloned from the replica, and tagged and reconfigured. but then it looks like the machine could not be powerd on by the composer. after a few seconds the machine will be deletet and removed from the vcenter

in the connection server we got this error:

Provisioning error view composer disk fault: disk management service is not available

after the deployment and configuration the vm will be deleted, instead we power on the vm manually in the exact right moment. then the process runs further.

Composer Log

FATAL | CommonLib.VcSubsystem.LroVcTask - Got VcFault: VMware.Sim.CommonLib.Exception.SimVcSubsystemException: Fehler beim Kommunizieren mit dem Remoteserver. ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Fehler beim Kommunizieren mit dem Remoteserver.

--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---, Machine Name: SRVZELLVC01, Timestamp: 11.07.2012 19:45:29, App Domain Name: SviWebService.exe, Thread Identity: , Windows Identity: ZELNET\dadmin, OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1, vcFaultName:  vcFaultDetails: System.Xml.XmlElement for task: task-49777

2012-07-11 21:45:29,340 | VC thread     | FATAL | ServiceCore.Action.VcAction - The VC Operation failed with error: VMware.Sim.CommonLib.Exception.SimVcSubsystemException: Fehler beim Kommunizieren mit dem Remoteserver. ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Fehler beim Kommunizieren mit dem Remoteserver.

I have reinstalled the composer, esxi and connection server.

we are running with the domain admin account.

Even of that, i think there must be an permission issue?

any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Camek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have seen this before in v4.0 when composer generates all the VM starts the process of reconfiguring then suddenly all the images.   My issue was the result of bad OU path to AD so when it went to quick prep it failed.  I am running v5.1 and have not seen it again so don't know for sure its the same issue.

0 Kudos
angelo_casanova
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thanks for your reply. But the ou dn is correct. We have to start the vm's the first time manually at the exakt right moment. Then the process, wich also include again a shutdown for building snapshot and start again, runs automaticlly.

Also a few desktop will be deployed completly automatic. Relay strange.

0 Kudos
iforbes
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm seeing the exact same issue. Did you find a valid resolution?

0 Kudos
angelo_casanova
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

That customer environment is running now... mh hard to remember, what the issues was...

0 Kudos
angelo_casanova
Contributor
Contributor

hi

have you checked the following:

• Time Sync: ESXi Host has the correct time and you are using NTP
  • The vDesktops get an IP adress vom DHCP Server, the scope is not full, lease time is set small, like 1 hour
  • the defined ou in the postsync is correct, the postsync script path is correct?

regards angelo

0 Kudos
iforbes
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks. Unfortunately none of those helped resolve.

0 Kudos