VMware Horizon Community
Uvxsupport
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error while recompose / changing ParentVM snapshot

Hi there,

i got an error while trying to recompose a single VM in a desktop pool on VMWareView4. ("internal composer error. Please contact your Administrator"), nothing is shownin "Events", except that "internal error"in the Module "SVIActionBean" ...

Then i tried to change the parentvm's snapshot, but there i got this error: "Invalid value for

parameter CustomProperties[Use40API] passed to View Composer

function" right after i hit the finish button...

part of the composer log:

2010-02-09 10:00:40,371 | 3 | FATAL | Sim.ServiceCore.SimServiceApiImpl - Error: fail to execute web service call: AddDeploymentGroup

VMware.Sim.CommonLib.Exception.InvalidParameterException: Can't set the value of the property Use40API to 0 if VC is 4.0 and VM hardware version is 7 or above.

at VMware.Sim.ServiceCore.SimServiceApiVal.ValidateVcApiLevelSetting(VirtualMachine vm, VcConfigEntryDo vcEntryDo, DeploymentGroup dg)

at VMware.Sim.ServiceCore.SimServiceApiImpl.AddDeploymentGroup(DeploymentGroup dg), Machine Name: SV04-FW-VC1, Timestamp: 09.02.2010 09:00:40, App Domain Name: SviWebService.exe, Thread Identity: , Windows Identity: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2, reason: ValidationFailure, param: CustomProperties[Use40API]

Anyone got an idea??

0 Kudos
1 Solution
5 Replies
JugOfTuiPlease
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm getting the same error after upgrading my Gold Image Vm virtual hardware to version 7.

View 4.0

0 Kudos
JugOfTuiPlease
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hmmm,. how do I delete posts

0 Kudos
tpaumier
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The useful link is dead. Where to get the information ?

I got the same problem on a wide install and i'm in a hurry.

Thanks

0 Kudos
beckerbroom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This the KB that replaced the other one listed earlier:

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1018179

0 Kudos