VMware Horizon Community
BrandonJ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error "Remote Desktop USB Services Error" trying to re-direct USB

Out of the blue, I can no longer redirect USB devices using the Mac client.  When I try, I get the following:

Remote Desktop USB Services Error

The View Client is unable to communicate with the services necessary to connect local USB devices to your remote desktop.

To remedy this you will have to disconnect from this desktop, then use the 'USB' menu to restart Remote Desktop USB services, and then reconnect to this desktop.

Ok...the problem is, there is no option to restart the USB services in the USB menu.  I went ahead and rebooted my Mac just for grins and that didn't resolve the issue either.  Anybody else seeing this?

5 Replies
BrandonJ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This appears to be caused by the new OSX 10.8.3 update.  I have two Macs getting the same problem after the update.  Completely removing the View 1.7 client with App Zapper and re-installing (and restarting USB services) didn't fix the problem.

yuleyl
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This issue doesn't reproduce on my Macbook Pro Mac OS X 10.8.3 version (12D78).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
mtellin
Contributor
Contributor

I've run into this as well, I tried the same thing you did - removed it with AppCleaner and reinstalled with no luck. I even tried it again last night before upgrading to Mavericks and then installing the View Client again afterwards but I still get the error message. I believe it started for me on 10.8.3 as well but still remains with 10.9 on my 2011 MBP.

0 Kudos
BrandonJ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've pretty well determined this is a agent side issue rather than client side.  I re-installed with the latest agent and that improved things but there are still times where it fails and the only way to fix it is to reboot the virtual desktop.

0 Kudos
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

what version of the client are you running? The current latest is v2.2

also, what version of guest agent are you connecting to?

if you are still having problems - please upload the debug logs from the client and the agent, and I will help investigate,

cheers

peterB

0 Kudos