VMware Horizon Community
SMSgt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error message - Unable to automatically reconnect to VC. It is possibly down

All –

I have a new installation of View Connection Server (VCS). My one and only pool disables provisioning (‘Enable or disable’ link from the pool summary tab) after attempting to connect to the Virtual Center Server (VC). I see “Error during provision 4/15/10 11:12:07 AM MDT: Unable to automatically reconnect to VC. It is possibly down". If I follow the ‘Enable or disable’ link it shows ‘Provisioning is: disabled’. I can enable provisioning and 5 minutes later it will be disabled.

When I go to events I have many errors and warnings, all of them end with “Unable to automatically reconnect to VC. It is possibly down.”

Seems to me I can’t connect to the VC, that's why provisioning is being disabled. The VC is not down. Any ideas as to what I need to do to establish this comm, or at least how to start tshooting it?

Thanks,

E

0 Kudos
24 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Ok, so can you rdp into the den-viewxp01 from your physical workstation? If RDP works than make sure the windows firewall inside the VM is turned off and try again. If that doesn't work I would run the vdm-support script and see if you can find anything in the logs.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
SMSgt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Mittim12,

Success! I started with a blank pool and created a new persistent automated desktop pool. I have not yet turn on linked clone. I used the VIC to watch the VM get created. I then opened the console and logged in to the machine. I verified computer name, DHCP IP address, domain membership, turned the firewall off, ensured RDP was turned on. I then successfully RDP'd to the VM. Once I verified I could RDP by name I launched the View Client and the connection was successful.

So, I don't exactly know what caused the issue in the first place, but your insistence that RDP work from my desktop was, I feel, the key to getting it working at least this far. I will now create another pool and attempt to get linked clone working.

Thanks for everyone's help, this is my first time using this forum and I must say it has been a positive experience.

E

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I'm glad everything is working now. Good luck with composer and let us know if we can help.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
rosspcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What this does is to take composer out of the equation, so likley when you try to do linked clones you may run into problems again

0 Kudos
rasli
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Im having kind of same error, but im just worried to delete the pools

1.JPG

2.jpg

I found this option, should I just enable the provisioning?

// i'm newbie with VMWare world

0 Kudos