VMware Horizon Community
po-temkin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error in Vmware Horizon Connection Server installation on Windows Server 2019

Hello for everyone
I trying to install Horizon Connection Server 2212 on fresh Win Server 2019 but catch this error
Is anyone seen something like this?

Some messages from adamsetup.log:
adamsetup 83C.15C8 0415 11:57:19.529 Enter ImportLDIFFile
adamsetup 83C.15C8 0416 11:57:19.529 Enter State::GetMyLDAPPort 389
adamsetup 83C.15C8 0417 11:57:19.529 Enter State::UseRemoteCreds false
adamsetup 83C.15C8 0418 11:57:19.529 Running ldifde.exe -i -h -w 300 -j . -s localhost:389 -f MS-ADAM-Upgrade-2.ldf -$ "adamschema.cat"
adamsetup 83C.15C8 0419 11:57:19.529 Enter State::GetMyDir C:\Windows\ADAM
adamsetup 83C.15C8 041A 11:57:34.605 ldifde.exe returned with error code 0x80092026
adamsetup 83C.15C8 041B 11:57:34.605 Enter State::SetFinishMessage AD LDS Setup did not complete because one or more LDIF files could not be imported successfully.
adamsetup 83C.15C8 041C 11:57:34.605 Enter State::SetFinishError
adamsetup 83C.15C8 041D 11:57:34.605 Enter Feedback::ShowMessage Undoing installation...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
po-temkin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It was a very specific and interesting task but we finally resolve this problem yesterday.

After many different test on different VMs we understood that problem occur because group policies. Not without lucky we found definite policy which corrupted installation process.

To automate some tasks I installed PowerCLI on Horizon VM. Because our production VMs don't have internet connection the fisrt run of PowerCLI script took a long time. Usually PowerCLI scripts run through Ansible and each new task execute in new powershell session what created sensible time lag.
To resolve this problem we created policy which off two parameters in IE:

• Check for publisher's certificate revocation
  • Check for server sertificate revocation

Because group policy haven't option for first parameter we found suitable value in registry hive HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing. We don't know how it happened but we found value REG_DWORD 0x146B44. And this value was wrong.

According to this link we needed 0x00023e00. After changing this value installation completed successfully. 😃

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Can you please make sure a few basic things like:

1) The Installer ran with admin privileges

2) Connection Server has access to Replica Server(s) (if any) and vice versa

3) Connection Server has access to domain controller

4) All the domain controllers are in sync and replicated

5) Connection Server has all Windows updates applied

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos
po-temkin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

1) Yes

2) This is a first CS in cluster

3) Yes

4) Yes

5) Yes

0 Kudos
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi @po-temkin,

Is there a non-optimized anti-virus or security-related program installed on the Windows Server?

0 Kudos
po-temkin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Only Kaspersky as you can see on screenshot.
But this isn't a first horizon installation. We have another installations and earlie everything was ok.
My last installation attempt was couple of month ago and everthing that changed are some windows updates.

0 Kudos
yukiafronia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please try the following steps to see if the problem can be resolved.

1. On the CS machine where the installation fails, uninstall the following from the Control Panel Programs and Features (if present)
- VMware Horizon Connection Server
- AD LDS instance VMwareVDMDS

2. On all Connection server machines that have already been installed, start a command prompt and execute the following two commands in order.
cd \WindowsADAM repadmin /options SERVER_FQDN -DISABLE_OUTBOUND_REPL

(Please enter the FQDN name of the Connection Server machine on which you are executing the command in the SERVER_FQDN field above.)

3. Re-execute the Connection Server installation and check if it is reproduced.

I believe I am failing to install the replica server. Am I correct?

0 Kudos
po-temkin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You aren't correct because i'm trying to install first instance. Another instances wich I have aren't relate with this installation

0 Kudos
po-temkin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It was a very specific and interesting task but we finally resolve this problem yesterday.

After many different test on different VMs we understood that problem occur because group policies. Not without lucky we found definite policy which corrupted installation process.

To automate some tasks I installed PowerCLI on Horizon VM. Because our production VMs don't have internet connection the fisrt run of PowerCLI script took a long time. Usually PowerCLI scripts run through Ansible and each new task execute in new powershell session what created sensible time lag.
To resolve this problem we created policy which off two parameters in IE:

• Check for publisher's certificate revocation
  • Check for server sertificate revocation

Because group policy haven't option for first parameter we found suitable value in registry hive HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing. We don't know how it happened but we found value REG_DWORD 0x146B44. And this value was wrong.

According to this link we needed 0x00023e00. After changing this value installation completed successfully. 😃

0 Kudos