VMware Horizon Community
Rohail2004
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error during provisioning:

I am keep getting Error during provisioning when tried to create link-cloned desktops.

I am also seeing "sdd was not found" on a VC server...i.e datastore\vdi\sdd was not found

Parent VM is a Windows 7. Pro, 30GB. 

Any ideas?

Thanks.

10 Replies
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you selecting same datastore for OS disks and persistent disks ? What is the version of View that you are using ?

I doubt that the datastore is not visible to all the ESX Servers in the cluster.

Also please confirm any stale VM folder entries exists in the the vCenter Server

0 Kudos
RayUC
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting this error too.  Anyone have ideas?

I just upgrade Composer to 2.6 and Connection server to 4.6, new pools and old pools do not work anymore when trying to create linked clones or the replica.  I get the same /sdd  not found on vCenter part way through the operations.  Any new ideas?

0 Kudos
RayUC
Contributor
Contributor

Just to close out my own issue, after wasting a bunch of time on this, hopefully it will help someone else.  A simple rebootng vCenter corrected the issue.  Up until then, I kept getting the same error (File [DataStoreName] VMName/sdd was not found) regardless of what snapshot and/or image I chose and regardless of what datastore  I chose.   View Event Monitor would just provide the following: "Provisioning error occurred for Machine VMName: Cloning failed for Machine".

Restarting the Connection Server didn't help and restarting the Composer Service on the vCenter server didn't help either.  I suggest a extra reboot of vCenter after upgrading Composer from 2.5 to 2.6

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

thanks for sharing, sometimes a reboot does magic.

0 Kudos
CrraigB
Contributor
Contributor

I was seeing the same error this morning /sdd was not found.  A reboot of vCenter Server did the trick.  Thanks

0 Kudos
thels
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue, rebooting vCenter didn't help.  The error message I see withing the Provisioning Pool is:

Error during provisioning: View Composer DiskFault: Disk Management Service is not available

Same error seen on vCenter, (File [DataStoreName] VMName/sdd was not found) regardless of what snapshot and/or image I chose and regardless of what datastore  I chose.

0 Kudos
thels
Contributor
Contributor

thels wrote:

Having the same issue, rebooting vCenter didn't help.  The error message I see withing the Provisioning Pool is:

Error during provisioning: View Composer DiskFault: Disk Management Service is not available

Same error seen on vCenter, (File [DataStoreName] VMName/sdd was not found) regardless of what snapshot and/or image I chose and regardless of what datastore  I chose.

Just fixed this with vmware support, had to reinstall Composer with the option to create a new SSL cert.  Not sure why or how this broke.  But all my clones are working again now.  Another symtom from all of this was that on vCenter, the VMware Universal File Access server would not and could not start.  Only after the Composer reinstallation did the UFA service start again.

0 Kudos
smccreadie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you very much for this post.  I spent a couple hours going through logs, etc before I finally saw this and rebooted the vcenter server!  Now my linked clone provisioning is working again.

Sean

0 Kudos
doitforthepeopl
Contributor
Contributor

What will be the negative affects of uninstalling and reinstalling View Composer on a production environment?

I'm having this issue and restarting vCenter did not provide a fix.

0 Kudos
Emilian
Contributor
Contributor

I had a very similar problem on Horizon 6 (6.1) after upgrading vCenter and ESX servers to 6.1 U1.

This is a solution to the problem:

Cause

This issue occurs when older versions of Horizon View Composer prior to VMware Horizon 6.2 require SSL v3 to communicate with VMware ESXi hosts and SSL v3 is disabled starting with VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 1 hosts.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=213301...

Best regards,

Emil