VMware Horizon Community
dcarle
Contributor
Contributor

Error during provisioning : unable to find folder

Still problems during provisioning a new automated pool.

I'm getting following error: Error during provisioning : unable to find folder /Datacenter/vm/testICT

During provisioning, the only thing he did was creating this folder, so the folder actually exists, you can see it in the printscreens. So i don't know why he stops provisioning the automated (linked clones) desktop pool.

Has someone got this strange error before? Or someone with a solution?

here you can see some printscreens, chronological:

0 Kudos
10 Replies
dcarle
Contributor
Contributor

Nobody who recognizes this problem?

0 Kudos
foodandbikes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I recognize that problem, I'm going through the exact same thing right now. Did you ever get it resolved?

It was allworking fine until windows updates and a reboot happened last week. Now a pool that was successfully creating VMs in it has the VMs listed as missing ever after it creates them. And any new pool does exactly what you are experiencing; creates the folder then can't find it.

I've checked firewalls, ports, rights... nothing is wrong.

0 Kudos
dcarle
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't find a solution. But we changed now from sql to oracle and that problem was solved. Now we're running on Oracle for composer.

But we never found an specefic solution.

0 Kudos
foodandbikes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When you changed from SQL to Oracle did you rebuild any of the VMware servers? Like View, vCenter...

0 Kudos
dcarle
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, we had te reinstall the view composer on the vCenter and also you have to remove the vcenter and re-add the vcenter in your view administrator (web based connection server). This is to reinitialize the connection with the new composer settingson the vcenter.

0 Kudos
foodandbikes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Got this fixed today.

The solution: Restart the View Server services. This knocked active View clients offline, but luckily we had only one person using it at the time.

bobo23
Contributor
Contributor

This didn't correct my issue.  I restarted the view connection server and adam instances on both of my brokers but now it doesn't seem to even try to provision desktops as there are no error or success messages in the events database.

Has anyone determined what causes this error since October?

0 Kudos
blakebevard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I found this VMware KB http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1038077

I rebooted my View Manager as well as my vCenter server and everything started working fine for me.

0 Kudos
AGIS
Contributor
Contributor

This is a complete unacceptable solution

0 Kudos
HiGhLaNdR
Contributor
Contributor

and after 10 years the problem still exists.

Amazing!

0 Kudos