VMware Horizon Community
edwood18
Contributor
Contributor

Error datastore when create pool

Hi everybody,

I installed View Composer, and everything is OK. When I want to create a "normal pool" I see my datastore for the creation of the pool. For against when I create a pool with linked clone, I do not see my datastore.

Help me please.

Thank

0 Kudos
6 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

have you verified the pre-reqs, to run Linked Clones you need your VI to be at U3 level both ESX and VC. there is no warning about this during the installation, but it is in the documentation. aslo have your prepared your master image by taking a snap shot of the master VM when shut down.

I have moved this post to the View Manager forum

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
edwood18
Contributor
Contributor

I am well U3 ESX and VC. The ESX and VC are in trial version. I mounted a model yesterday and everything was OK. Today, I getting a model with the same procedure and I have this problem.

can you tell me and help me

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
edwood18
Contributor
Contributor

When I create a pool, if I check "Use linked clone technology ..." I do not see my datastore but if I do not check, I see my datastore.

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
MrBaba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey edwood18 !

Good luck with you're problem ! i've a maket of view in my enterprise all is ok but I don't know why you are'nt anable to found you're datastores !

See you !

0 Kudos
Urbanb
Contributor
Contributor

Thats because if one ESX Server in the DC is not connected to the

Shared Storage, this server is preventing the others to see the storage

during the configuration process.

0 Kudos
edwood18
Contributor
Contributor

excuse me but the datastore is local on the ESXs. And why when i selected the "Use linked clone ..." option i see no datastore and when i do not select, i see the datastore .

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos