VMware Horizon Community
goggel
Contributor
Contributor

Error creating pool in VMWare View

I get a message about ADAM error when I click finish on creating the pool.

In the Event log I find the following error message:

ADAM Error code: 2 103 com.vmware.vdi.admin.ui.DesktopBean.saveDesktop(SourceFile:2396)

com.vmware.vdi.adamwrapper.exceptions.ADAMServerException: [LDAP: error code 16 - 00000057: LdapErr: DSID-0C090B3D, comment: Error in attribute conversion operation, data 0, vece

The closest I got when I searched these forums was this KB article. That was not the problem so now I'm hoping for some help from you guys Smiley Wink

I'm using VMWare View 3.1.1 build-175957

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
patten_aaron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not seen that error before, so perhaps we should start at the beginning. Has this ever worked and if so, what has changed since the last successful deployment?

Since it's referencing LDAP it's probably related to ActiveDirectory in some way. Are you trying to specify a specific OU or CN object when deploying the desktops? It's the last step in the wizzard and puts the computers in CN=Computers by default.

~Aaron Patten

Please award points for helpful answers. I got kids to feed Smiley Happy

~Aaron Patten Please award points for helpful answers. I got kids to feed 🙂
0 Kudos
goggel
Contributor
Contributor

Not seen that error before, so perhaps we should start at the beginning. Has this ever worked and if so, what has changed since the last successful deployment?

It has never worked, it's a test just to see how View works.

Since it's referencing LDAP it's probably related to ActiveDirectory in some way. Are you trying to specify a specific OU or CN object when deploying the desktops? It's the last step in the wizzard and puts the computers in CN=Computers by default.

I have tried to a specific OU and just the default. If I add a non existing OU I get the following error message: "View Composer Active Directory Error. Possibly an invalid container path was specified in the QuickPrep settings". So the LDAP should get contact with AD. In the event log I get the following message when I use a non existing OU: "View Composer Active Directory Error. Possibly an invalid container path was specified in the QuickPrep settings."

When I get the ADAM error I also find the following 2 errors in the event log after the first error in the log: "Pool cn=771d0642-ae91-4bf3-bbc8-90b4d4b518c7,ou=virtualcenter,ou=properties,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int::Unable to create new VM - VM folder not found: /NO-Floro/NO-Floro_vm/Production/9_Testservers/NME/WIN_XP_NP/" "Pool control for desktop win_xp_np is disabling provisioning due to a clone error - VM folder not found: /NO-Floro/NO-Floro_vm/Production/9_Testservers/NME/WIN_XP_NP/"

0 Kudos
Boogiebox
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Do you use a real domain and a account that have the right to create computeraccounts?

If you did so, have you specified the correct OU in which computeraccounts will be created?

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I know this is old but did you get a resolution to your problem because i am having the same problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
pari2k3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have noticed similar issue "When I get the ADAM error I also find the following 2 errors in the event log after the first error in the log: "Pool cn=771d0642-ae91-4bf3-bbc8-90b4d4b518c7,ou=virtualcenter,ou=properties,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int::Unable to create new VM - VM folder not found: /NO-Floro/NO-Floro_vm/Production/9_Testservers/NME/WIN_XP_NP/" "Pool control for desktop win_xp_np is disabling provisioning due to a clone error - VM folder not found: /NO-Floro/NO-Floro_vm/Production/9_Testservers/NME/WIN_XP_NP/""

During esx upgrade I have manually migrated few VMs and when I try to recompose the pool in later stage I hit similar issue.  Edit pool settings and browse the path for host/cluser and resource again. Try recompose again worked for me. Give a try it may help you as well.

0 Kudos
PCTechStream
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Cause:

"The Pool name has previously been used"

Resolution:

"Delete the record on the ADAM database of the connection server, if you need to use the same name"

Under OU=Server Groups, identify the pool name & delete it then try again.

Raul. Smiley Happy

VMware VDI Administrator

http://ITCloudStream.com/

www.ITSA.Cloud
0 Kudos