VMware Horizon Community
praveshupadhyay
Contributor
Contributor

Error While Configuring Transfer Server

Hello,

I have been trying to configure View Transfer Server over Windows Server 2003 VM.

Once i have created the share \\sona-trans\repo. and added the server. The Server status was "pending". Please let me know what can be the possible issue. Also please let me know which services are required. Also please let me know the dos and donts.

Also when i tried to configure transfer server on a new server i got this error below.

com.vmware.vdi.adamwrapper.exceptions.VCConnectionFailedException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Please help...........

Thanks in advance...

Regards

Pravesh

0 Kudos
3 Replies
npeter
Expert
Expert

Hi,

You can find detailes on configuring transfer server from https://www.vmware.com/pdf/view-46-administration.pdf

Pending state means, "View Transfer Server is being added to View Manager or is exiting Maintenance mode.
View Connection Server is actively establishing a connection with View Transfer Server.
When the connection is made, View Transfer Server will be moved to an operational
state such as Ready."

Make sure you don't have any firewalls bloking communication. Add required firewall rules as mentioned in view documentation.

For the second problem of getting error while browsing vms, are you able to perform any pool related oerations on VC with same vcenter and connection broker.? Looks like connection to vcenter is broken. try re-adding VC to view CS.

-noble

-nObLe
0 Kudos
praveshupadhyay
Contributor
Contributor

Hello noble,

Thanks for your reply. But still the transfer Server is showing the pending status. Also i have checked the firewall settings. Connection Server is able to communicate to the VCenter server. Please let me know if there are any other requirements than firewall.

Thanks and Regards

Pravesh

0 Kudos
AaronP201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Edit Role of your View Administrator (or whatever Role has the account that is being used to manage the transfer server) on vCenter and put a check in the box for Global-Manage custom attributes.

This fixed our environment, the clue was in this error message on the View Connection server.

The error messages in view "21:51:50,734 ERROR <PendingOperation-vm-596> [ServiceConnection25] Error while adding custom fields: [Transfer Server Status, VM Lock Status] for mo type: VirtualMachine com.vmware.vdi.vcsupport25.ServiceConnection25.addCustomFieldNames(SourceFile:1591)
AxisFault
faultCode: ServerFaultCode
faultSubcode:
faultString: Permission to perform this operation was denied."

Aaron Plank

0 Kudos