VMware Horizon Community
maboone1
Contributor
Contributor

Error Connecting to VDM Server from Windows XP

Hi:

I was wondering if anyone could possibly help debug why one of my users cannot connect to our VDM infrastructure. No one else I have encountered is having an issue.

I disabled the firewall/reinstalled the client. I am able to authenticate and then it errors out. These are the errors from the client's machine. He is using Windows XP SP3 Home with IE7. Is there anyone that could make suggestions on where to start debugging? I was able to telnet from his machine into port 443 with no issue.

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: VMware VDM

Event Category: VMware VDM

Event ID: 104

Date: 4/24/2009

Time: 1:33:58 PM

User: computer\user

Computer: computer

Description:

SSL: clientHandshake: InitializeSecurityContext FAILED, Error 0x80090308

(The token supplied to the function is invalid)

Event Type: Information

Event ID: 103

Time: 1:33:58 PM

User: computer\user

Computer: computer

Description:

Tunnel Unnamed: Could not start server vdm.server.com, reason: SSL:

clientHandshake: InitializeSecurityContext FAILED, Error = 0x80090308 (The

token supplied to the function is invalid)

These errors are on the server.

Event ID: 102

Time: 1:15:23 PM

User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Computer: VDMWEB

Description:

Problem processing HTTP connection: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received close_notify during handshake

Time: 1:15:16 PM

Description:

(SESSION:D755817D603486048E00029C15A1BCA4;B122928CA627BC2D10745C3FB1EEB747) JMS: Received Server=https://vdm.server.com:443, TunnelGeneration=4, TunnelVersion=4.0.2, Type=CapAbsent, _MS_SIGN...

Time: 1:15:16 PM

Description:

(SESSION:D755817D603486048E00029C15A1BCA4;B122928CA627BC2D10745C3FB1EEB747) JMS: Sent Server=All, Type=CapStatus, _MS_SIGNATURE=MSSign

0 Kudos
7 Replies
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What version of VDM/View is this? (Build number)

If he's connecting from the internet did you enable a security server and ensure that's configured appropriately? Is his firewall on and have the appropriate ports open?

0 Kudos
astrolab
Contributor
Contributor

Maboone, did you ever resolve the issue? I have a very similar problem.

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander

Has the customer changed the certificate used by View to one of their own using extended validation? Could you confirm whether the 3.1.2 client also suffers from the same problem?

0 Kudos
njlaw
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting the same error (0x80090308) from a client running Windows XP Professional (5.1.2600) with all updates from Microsoft installed. The View Client is version 4.0.0 build-210939. This error only started occurring after we replaced the default SSL certificate with a globally signed one.

0 Kudos
ICONVM
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also seeing this issue. Any resolution for it?

We have two instances of VDI (3.x.x and 4.x.x) and we see it on both instances. The 3.x.x environment is self certed and the 4.x.x has an internal cert on it, but both show the same problem.

0 Kudos
cos14
Contributor
Contributor

I am seeing the same problem here. We also replaced the default SSL certificate with one from our Certificate servers. I'm hoping to find a solution online, but will be placing a call with support if I can't resolve this in the next few days.

0 Kudos
njlaw
Contributor
Contributor

cos14,

I ended up getting this issue resolved thanks to some help from mittim12 and VMware support. The fix for this requires a patched VMware View Client that is not yet publicly available, so you'll have to open an SR. See http://communities.vmware.com/message/1558870 for more details.

0 Kudos