VMware Horizon Community
cpestinger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error 26003 During Install of VDM Client- Failed to install USB Driver

version 2.1.0-596 of VDM client on XPsp2 running on various Dell Optiplex hardware will not install at all when USB redirection is also a part of client install. It is turned on in global settings. However it does work on some machines. Any ideas?

Tried no av, local admin, domain admin, no USB devices attached and so on... many weeks of work.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander

Please run the install again and collect the install log files vminst.log and vmmsi.log under your local settings\temp folder, they should contain the reason (somewhere!) for the installer failure.

0 Kudos
cpestinger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This was a problem with the local PC and some bug in the installer. I used ThiApp to package the VDM Client and it worked great.

0 Kudos
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

cpestinger, Hey guys I am in the midst of setting up my VDM for the simple reason of being able to use the USB redirection.We are using Wyse V10L terminals, does anyone here have a similar setup. I would like to know if USB works properly, we've had problems setting up usb printers, bloomberg keyboards...

Thank you, Express
0 Kudos
WyseGuy
Contributor
Contributor

You should be able to get USB support with the Wyse V10L - you will need to license the Wyse TCX-USB Virtualizer software ( license key to unlock feature)

0 Kudos
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have licenses for the TCX and it is installed. I have learned that Wyse Terminals do not currently work with biometrics. Wyse will be working on a beta TCX 2.0 version which should be coming out in late October. So until then... Hey if anyone finds a way before then let me know.

Thanks,

Thank you, Express
0 Kudos