VMware Horizon Community
Rok1215
Contributor
Contributor

Error 1926. Could not set file security for file when installing MSI

I've ran into this strange issue with installing some msi installers on my Win10 master image.

I had to revert to a very early snapshot to a fresh Win10 install (had to revert the Vmware optimization tool changes), and now when I try to install some specific MSI installers, it gives me error

Error: Error 1926. Could not set file security for file ..... Verify that you have sufficient privileges to modify the security permissions for this file.

I've already tried to troubleshoot and look for issues, but haven't figured it out yet. I'm using my AD administrator account, that has all full permissions to write in the specific administrator roaming profile. What I did figure out is, if I log in with the localadmin account, I am able to install the programs, but they get installed locally, not to any roaming profile folder.

Anyone have any ideas for a solution? I never ran into this issue before on any other golden/master images with installing msi files.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the Horizon area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos