VMware Horizon Community
jzumwalt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Entitled pool only works after disabling and re-enable in Horizon View

Community’s discussion post

Hello I am having an issue that happens when I recompose our pools on a View 7.9 Cluster.

After the Recompose the pools is not available/visible thru the Wyse thin Client. However the pool are available thru the Windows Agent on a FAT client or thru HTML with no issues…

In order to fix the issue I logged into View Administrator and even though the pools are enabled and the entitlements are correct I have to disable the pools and re-enable them.

Once that is done it works fine. I can even recompose a single VM and that will work fine.

After I have done that the machines perform as normal
Using Linked clones in the pools

Horizon view Admin 7.9.0 build-13956742
ESXI 6.5.0 14990892

Win 10 Image VMTools on Golden Image/VM = 10.3.10.12406962
VMware Horizon Agent: 7.9.0
win 10 1809  64 Bit

Using Wyse to deliver config to Wyse Thin client and using Imprivata(G3 Appliance) to Authenticate.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DhananjayaMurth
Contributor
Contributor

There must be a connection server issue, are you using a security server as well.

With Regards Dhananjaya Murthy
0 Kudos
jzumwalt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are using a security server as well, but it's really weird that the pool will work fine (after the disable and enable "fix")

I make a change to the Golden Image a recompose and then after the Recompose, I attempt to access the system and I get the old "not entitled to system" error.
I then disable the Pool and Re enable and BOOM it works I have this work around which is a viable one but I just want to make sure I am not sitting a potential future disaster.

0 Kudos