VMware Horizon Community
rooster147
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Endpoints logged in Events DB

Does the view events DB store what endpoint launched what virtual desktop? If someone came to me and asked me what virtual desktops were launched from PC1 does the events DB store that VD1, and VD2 were accessed from this endpoint? I have been all over the tables and can't find the data. Has anybody else had a need to dig up this kind of info?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As far as I know it doesn't record that information.   When a user logs in that kind of information can be found in HKCU\Volatile Environment.   I have read where some people have created scripts to record this information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As far as I know it doesn't record that information.   When a user logs in that kind of information can be found in HKCU\Volatile Environment.   I have read where some people have created scripts to record this information.

0 Kudos
rooster147
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks! I was aware of that key as I utilize that key to pass then endpoint name to the virtual desktop for our specific application. I didn't think I was going to find that info in the events DB but figured I would ask.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I vaguely remember VCOPS for View having the endpoint name.  I wonder if they have a reporting mechanism that would allow you get that kind of information.    You should be able to try the free trial and see if it would accomplish what your looking for.

0 Kudos