VMware Horizon Community
CCSL
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Encryption Level between Wyse ThinOS and VMware View desktop

Can anyone help me to establish the encryption level between my Wyse thin clients and virtual desktops.

I am using the latest Wyse ThinOS and VMware View Connection Server 4.0.

I have a manual desktop pool configured with driect RDP disabled. I am also using Smart Card authentication.

With direct RDP disabled is a SSL tunnel setup to the the connection server and is the RDP session to the virtual desktop tunneled through this SSL connection?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Yes that's correct, though strictly you should say connection/security server as if you're using a security server then that's the tunnel termination point rather than the CS.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Yes, when both 'use SSL' and tunneling are enabled on the connection server (which they are by default) the wyse client will tunnel the RDP connection through an HTTPS-based connection to the connection server (or security server if you are using one), then from there it will be sent directly to the desktop.

0 Kudos
CCSL
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Mike,

So to confirm there is no direct RDP connection between the View client and View agent. But, RDP is tunneled through SSL to the connection server, then there is unencrypted RDP between the Connection Server and the View agent?

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Yes that's correct, though strictly you should say connection/security server as if you're using a security server then that's the tunnel termination point rather than the CS.

0 Kudos