VMware Horizon Community
robdevaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

EnableShade registry setting not working in the 2.2 Client

The documentation still mentions EnableShade, but the setting is currently not working for me in 2.2  I had it working in the previous client I had installed.  I'm running the client as the shell on Windows ThinPC.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
robdevaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Disabling the shade through ADM still works, so I searched through the registry to see what the ADM applied.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Client]

"EnableShade"="False"

Before I was applying it to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Client which at least worked pre 2.2.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sm4rtins
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Same problem here.

-nonInteractive and -unattended are not suitable options in my case.Just want to hide that menu bar, couldn't belive there's no easy option for that =[

0 Kudos
robdevaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Disabling the shade through ADM still works, so I searched through the registry to see what the ADM applied.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Client]

"EnableShade"="False"

Before I was applying it to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Client which at least worked pre 2.2.

atardio
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Worked for me, little different location though for Windows 10 with View Client 3.3

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Client

0 Kudos
atardio
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Also, if you connect with full screen pressing Ctrl+Alt will allow you toggle the mouse/keyboard to the local machine - press Ctrl+Down Arrow and it will resize to Window mode.

0 Kudos
sm4rtins
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank's robdevaul for correct answer! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos