VMware Horizon Community
SecurityThreat2
Contributor
Contributor

EXTREMELY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (VDI Trial)

I have been running a ESX environment for months now. I have several ESX enterprise servers. I have attempted to contact the Houston TX sales rep for 2 weeks now in attempt to get a demo of the VDI product. I have received no returned phone calls. Today, I was transferred to Tia Lee in sales who state that VMware does not demo this product. This was odd. How was I supposed to validate something I can't test? After her response, I contacted the corporate headquarters and asked to speak to customer relations. I was told that there was no such thing. I then asked for HR, maybe they may work together, I was told that unless I have a specific name that I couldn't be transferred (you would think this was the military or something). I then stated that I would like to speak to customer relations, if they were unavailable, and then transfer me to HR maybe they would know who to talk to. I was then transferred back into the general queue. Time 2:07 p.m. CST. I then called back, pressed "0" again. It took 10 minutes and 33 seconds for the operator to answer. The first question I asked was her name, she stated it was Denise. I asked her why she transferred me to the general queue; she stated that she doesn't have a "customer relations" button. Man, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Where did they find this individual? I have to say, ESX is probably a product that I will start phasing out. If VMware is this bad when customers have a concern, I can only imagine how they would be if you had an outage.

Man, this would have never happened back in the day. I suppose that things change as you become wealthy and publicly traded.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
heybuzzz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What are you trying to demo?

0 Kudos
SecurityThreat2
Contributor
Contributor

VDI

0 Kudos
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal

I think this thread would be better placed in the Support and Documentations Suggestions forum.

If you agree I move it there.

0 Kudos
heybuzzz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah, I don't think you can get VMware connection manager for trial. If you want to test VDI just create some XP sessions up on your servers and RDP to them.

0 Kudos
SecurityThreat2
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to test the option to use thin clients. I'm not familiar with VDI but I was told it is VMWAre's answer to this situation. I suppose I'm trying to compare the VMWARE solution vs. the Citrix solution.

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

The current implementation of Broker from VMware is very poor, I suggest if you wish to try VDI out apply for a trial of one of the third party brokers, like Leostream, or Provision or ever apply for the beta trial of Siverstone the beta of VMware new Broker software.

If you found this post useful, please consider the awarding of points by the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons. It's not much but it's all we have.

Kind Regards

Tom

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
tbrouwer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There is no "demo of the VDI product"

You simply create XP VM's on your existing ESX infrastructure and connect to the XP VM's via RDP from a terminal.

Is this what you're after?

I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with vmware customer service.

0 Kudos
mreferre
Champion
Champion

As other have mentioned VDI is more an idea (and a useless license schema) more than anything else. They have a product in the works that is going to complement this idea but it is in beta so it's not even officially a prouct (that you can demo etc etc).

I understand your frustration but putting some people names under the spot-light in such an aggressive post ...... I am not sure it was the right thing to do. Perhaps "Tia Lee" had a number of good reasons to say what she said ........... and I am not sure she would like to be put in a post that pictures her as a devil......

Massimo.

Massimo Re Ferre' VMware vCloud Architect twitter.com/mreferre www.it20.info
0 Kudos
lock
Contributor
Contributor

King is right. This is a very aggressive post and should be directed at your sales rep. or account manager. I would be more curious as to what region handles your account than as to how customer service handles it. CS is like a deer in the headlights and normally would have just directed you back to the sales rep. or account manager. I would refocus on establsihing communication with the sales rep.

0 Kudos