VMware Horizon Community
ksliger_pnfp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

EUC Access Point 2.8 - BLAST not working

Greetings,

I have a EUC Access Point ver. 2.8 deployed and all is working perfectly with it except BLAST. Connections work from the Horizon client with no issues at all. When browsing to https://EUC-Access-Point-Name.company.com I get a certificate warning (because I have not setup a certificate yet) but when proceeding past that I just get a blank page in any browser that I try from. I have read that others had this issue when deploying the EUC Access Point from any method other than the powershell script. I have tried this script but I can't seem to get that working either. Any suggestions?

I have double and triple checked all firewall settings and I am almost certain that is all correct. My blast external url is set correctly as well as all other settings on the EUC AP. I did notice that the EUC AP names itself something like localhost@localhostdomain. I tried changing this to a FQDN that I have reserved for the AP and that didn't help anything.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ksliger_pnfp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We figured out the problem. In the section of the script that contains the vi info you can't include a password with special characters. You also can't let it prompt you for the password with the option below. Even typing in the strong password with special characters when prompted didn't work. We had to create another admin account with no special characters in the password in order to finally get this to work.

target=vi://administrator@vsphere.local:PASSWORD@192.168.0.21/Datacenter1/host/esx1.myco.int

Also, my first install of the access point which was done by deploying OVA through vSphere web client never did work correctly with BLAST. It worked perfectly otherwise. Deploying with the powershell script and putting in the same settings made BLAST work. This is more than a little annoying VMware!! Please get this fixed or addressed more clearly in the documentation. Right now the documentation mentions deploying the AP several different ways which will send people down this deep rabbit hole just like me.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

At what stage does it fail? Do you see the icon for HTML Access, Can you login? Does it show the icons for desktop pools? Does it fail when you try to launch a desktop session?

As you say, it certainly works fine when deploying via PowerShell so I'd also be interested in what error you see there as we can certainly resolve that for you to make things simpler.

If you grab the logs zip and look at esmanager.log that may show errors about proxy patterns depending on exactly which stage it fails.

Mark

0 Kudos
ksliger_pnfp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Mark! I am on a support call for this issue right now. If you could jump on this webex I can show you. SR https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/support-requests?p_p_id=summaryRequests_WAR_itsupport&p_p_lifecyc...17399361903

0 Kudos
ksliger_pnfp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SR 17399361903

0 Kudos
ksliger_pnfp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We figured out the problem. In the section of the script that contains the vi info you can't include a password with special characters. You also can't let it prompt you for the password with the option below. Even typing in the strong password with special characters when prompted didn't work. We had to create another admin account with no special characters in the password in order to finally get this to work.

target=vi://administrator@vsphere.local:PASSWORD@192.168.0.21/Datacenter1/host/esx1.myco.int

Also, my first install of the access point which was done by deploying OVA through vSphere web client never did work correctly with BLAST. It worked perfectly otherwise. Deploying with the powershell script and putting in the same settings made BLAST work. This is more than a little annoying VMware!! Please get this fixed or addressed more clearly in the documentation. Right now the documentation mentions deploying the AP several different ways which will send people down this deep rabbit hole just like me.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
crp0499
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

At the risk of reopening old wounds, I am having this problem as well.  My install went great.  The View client works but BLAST does not.  I get to the login and I login.  I can see my desktop but when I click it, I just get a white screen.

I even have certs installed. 

I've read about editing the locked.properties file and disabling origin check and I have added the lines specifying the two APs by IP address, but still no joy.

Can anyone assist?  I can send log files if I knew how to retrieve them.

Thanks

Cliff

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It would be best to start a new thread as the resolution for the OP question was to do with password characters and this thread is now marked as resolved. Your config issue is probably different. Thanks.

0 Kudos
arjanhs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm expiring similar issues. PCoIP is working well but HTML5 access keeps getting problems. Have tried different settings within the locked.properties on the brokers  but still no luck.

When trying to connect, i'm seeing the session coming in on the broker and the agent. Seems like there is no traffic going back to the client.

We have setup a load balancer in front of the two used AP's and from the AP's to the brokers a load balancer is used also.

I have already upgraded to 2.8.1 of the AP and we are using VIew 7.0.1.

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It would be best to start a new thread as the resolution for the OP question was to do with password characters and this thread is now marked as resolved. Your config issue is probably different. Thanks.

0 Kudos
ALEX_TSM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello crp0499,

Are you using external or internal Load balancer in your environment?

0 Kudos