VMware Horizon Community
xueyingzhu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Hi,I accidentally deleted the vdm certificate connection server, and I am not going to use CA certificate, how can I restore the default self-signed certificate? We look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SurajRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The self signed certificates are generated during the time of installation only.

Hence, in order to fix the issue follow the below steps:

Take snapshot of the connection server OR Adam DB backup

Uninstall the connection server application ONLY from Control Panel > Installed Program

Reboot the Connection server and reinstall the Connection server application again.

NOTE: DO NOT UNINSTALL OR REMOVE "AD LDS Instance VMwareVDMDS" 

During the time of reinstallation, the application will detect the existing AD LDS instance and use the same once continue. This will create a default cert again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SurajRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The self signed certificates are generated during the time of installation only.

Hence, in order to fix the issue follow the below steps:

Take snapshot of the connection server OR Adam DB backup

Uninstall the connection server application ONLY from Control Panel > Installed Program

Reboot the Connection server and reinstall the Connection server application again.

NOTE: DO NOT UNINSTALL OR REMOVE "AD LDS Instance VMwareVDMDS" 

During the time of reinstallation, the application will detect the existing AD LDS instance and use the same once continue. This will create a default cert again.

0 Kudos
xueyingzhu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your reply, I have successfully solved the problem.

0 Kudos