VMware Horizon Community
Silas2
Contributor
Contributor

Dynamically Resize VMware Horizon "Guest" Windows

How can I dynamically resize "guest" windows in VMware Horizon?

At work I have two external monitors, where I can use VMware Horizon Desktop to connect to another computer and have the other computer full screen on one of the external monitors and have a host application running on the other monitor. This makes it easy to see both desktops and copy data from one machine to the other.

At home I have one widescreen monitor. When I connect to another computer I see it in full screen, this is OK as long as I don't want to copy data to or from the host. In those situations I prefer to have the VMware Horizon Connection next to i.e. Word on the host. I use the Windows + arrow key shortcut to resize the windows. The size of the VMware Horizon Desktop connection window changes but the desktop resolution of the computer that I'm connected to does not change. How can I achieve this?

I'm using VMware Horizon Client 5.3.0 and connect using RDP. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FelixYan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

RDP doesn't support autofit function. Please switch to Blast or PCoIP.

0 Kudos
Bahringer
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
Bahringer
Contributor
Contributor

When you choose Fit Guest to Window, VMware Workstation adjusts the display settings of your Windows guest operating system as needed. If you subsequently run the virtual machine in normal mode.

MyAARPMedicare

0 Kudos