VMware Horizon Community
seb2020
Contributor
Contributor

Dualscreen on View 5

Hi,

We use VMware View 5. The client is Windows 7 x64. On our workstation, we have the VMware View Agent on version 5.0.1. In the view configuration, we have configure the pool setting like that :
  • Default Display protocol : PCoIP
  • Max Number of Monitors : 2
  • Max Resolution of any one monitor : 2560x1600

The Zero-Client that we use is "Samsung NC240". The firmware is up to date. The user have a another screen too.
Here is my problem : The user login into VMware View. The dual screen works perfectly. But, when Windows set in stand-by mode the dualscreen, the second screen (not the principal) doesn't wake up. Sometimes, it's wake up only for 10 secondes. We have try a lot of settings on the Teradici with no success.
We have see in the Teradici log that sometimes there is "no signal" on the DVI port for the second display.
Have you got some idea of the problem with my dualscreen ?
Thanks you very lot !
0 Kudos
3 Replies
gmtx
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We have the same issue, and for now the only solution we've found is to go into Control Panel/Power Options, edit thepower plan settings and set "Turn off the display:" to "Never"

Not a great solution as the montors now stay on all the time, but there's not much choice right now. Hopefullt Teradici or VMware come up with a solution.

Geoff

vmblogza
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

yes this is a problem but I would personally turn all those features off. You can have a look at the Windows 7 Optimization Guide as this will solve a lot of your problems.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance or help

Best regards, If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". Please visit my blog at http://vmblog.co.za
0 Kudos
seb2020
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your answer !

It's work fine now

0 Kudos