VMware Horizon Community
CRoussel1976
Contributor
Contributor

Dual Screen Horizon v8.8

With the new Horizon workspace, I have dual monitors hooked up to a Google Chomebook.  The 2nd monitor now has a delay when displaying content and is unusable with this release.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rm07102
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing similar issues on my Windows 10 laptop which has dual external monitors. After installing the latest 2212 8.8.0 Windows Client any application moved to the second monitor is sluggish and becomes extremely pixelated rendering that monitor useless. 

Dell Latitude 7320
Dell WD19 Dock
DisplayPort Cables to dual Samsung Monitors S24C450 

0 Kudos
NEngel
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, opened case SR 23397044601  for this issue. Issue seems to only be occuring with Blast protocol.

Had to rollback multiple users back to Horizon Client V2109 last friday. 

Update: issue seems to be originating from the adaptive codec for JPG and H264; Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware Blast\Config\EncoderAdaptiveEnabled.
When disabeling this, and enable Blast with EncoderBlastCodecEnabled = 1, the issue is gone. 

Can you please verify if the EncoderBlastCodecEnabled option is also enabled, en if you change the 2 above reg keys it is working again?

NEngel_0-1673872554858.png

rm07102
Contributor
Contributor

Neither setting was present. I manually added both EncoderAdaptiveEnabled and EncoderBlastCodecEnabled with the values you provided and the pixelation issue is gone. Nice find!