VMware Horizon Community
ChrisJ615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dual Monitors, View 4.5, Uggh

Is anyone having this issue? I'm running the SVGA II version of the drivers.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Should work fine.

If you describe the issue a bit more it would be easier to help, please also provide the client OS, guest OS and display protocol information.

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
ChrisJ615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Linjo, sorry about that. It was EOD when I posted that.

So when I log into View 4.5 using the latest version of the View client and I have the multiple monitor options selected: both screens are used by view but the OS is kind of centered between the two monitors.

The guest OS is Windows XP x32.

0 Kudos
eeg3
Commander
Commander

Sounds related to KB 1018158. You can use their fix, or this one that uses PowerCLI and is much easier.

blog.eeg3.net | Useful VMware-related Links

If you found this or any other post helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points.

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Just to clarify you are using PCOIP when this is occuring, correct?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

Twitter:

0 Kudos
ChrisJ615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Indeed. Using PCOIP.

0 Kudos
ChrisJ615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sounds related to KB 1018158. You can use their fix, or this one that uses PowerCLI and is much easier.

<br><br><br><br><br>____________

If you found this or any other post helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points.

I thought this was fixed in 4.5.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Did you specify the pool to allow more then one screen?

I always put the maximums here...

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
ChrisJ615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My Remote Display Protocol settings are:

Default display protocol: PCoIP

Allow users to choose protocol: Yes

Max number of monitors: 2

Max resolution of any one monitor: 1920x1200

Natively I'm using 1680x1050

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Can you post the vmx-file?

Best regards,

Linjo

0 Kudos
ChrisJ615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The VMX file for the Composer VM or the one for the LC?

0 Kudos
eeg3
Commander
Commander

Not entirely sure, but I think the issue is with the vSphere client not saving VRAM settings, although I could be wrong. I haven't seen a direct report saying 4.5 fixed it, but it is possible.

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
0 Kudos