VMware Horizon Community
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dual Monitor Issue

Not really sure why this happened but i recently added an ESXi server to my cluster and that is the only change that was made but now i have a couple of users that their screens are flipped.  All the icons and start bar are now on the right screen and can't be changed.  I looked at all the pool settings and they are good.  Looked at the master to see and nothing has changed there either.  Not really sure if the new ESXi host would be part of the issue but that is the only chnage in quite a while.  Anyone have a hint on where to look?  Any help or comments are appreciated.  Thanks

Perry

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I don't see why a ESXi server would cause a change in behavior.  If it were me I would focus on the VDI desktop OS and see if I could come up with anything.  

prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i totally agree but that would have been teh only change that occurred and DRS did migrate those VM's to that host.  That is the only reason i rasied the concern.  Where i looked on the vm and the master seem fine.  Thanks for teh reply.

0 Kudos
tacticsbaby
Expert
Expert

Is the hardware in the new host the same as the other hosts? Do you have different video hardware in the host? Just curious. Other than that try unlocking the windows task bar and then let me know if you can move it. Hope this helps.

prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

once i got this vm to migrate to the ESXi Host i had to reinstall the Agent that goes on the VM.  It appears that once you go from ESX to ESXi it breaks the agent so it need to be removed and reinstalled,  Thanks for eth help.

0 Kudos