VMware Horizon Community
marktbreaux
Contributor
Contributor

Downloads crawling...

I have vmware view 5.0 installed and running. I already have a windows XP image in use but I am building a Windows 7 image. It is updated to service pack 1. So I ran windows update one last time to make sure no more updates and it listed .Net framework 4 client profile. I tried installing it. It wouldn't download. So I downloaded it outside the vm and then put it on a network drive and installed it in the vm. That installation went fine but I can't seem to download anything in the vm. Network traffic is fine. I can access the internet but I can't download anything or if I can it crawls...

any ideas?

Mark

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Any hardware offload on the physical nic:s? Duplex-mismatch? 10/100/1000?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
marktbreaux
Contributor
Contributor

Nope...I tried changing to the e1000 driver and that seems to have helped but it still stalls on the downloads...sometimes... This is really stinking weird.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

I was talking about the physical hardware, not the vNic.

You might not notice the bad performance/packet loss with normal operations.

Anyone messing with the MTU:s that makes the packets to fragment?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
marktbreaux
Contributor
Contributor

Yea I understood you meant the physical but I appreciate you clarifying. It seems it is the vmxnet3 driver. It doesn't like it for some reason. Thanks for trying to help Joel.

0 Kudos