VMware Horizon Community
parsoli
Contributor
Contributor

Domain Computer Accounts - Disabled?

Hello all,

We just dipped our toes into VDI. We have created non-pers pools and they join our domain during provisioning. What is odd is, in Active Directory, we will have the generated computer account object and also a secondary account which is disabled (see below).

We also have our VM's set to destruct after first use and logoff. This allows the image to be tossed and a new image to be put in it's place. This works great, except for the fact that the old computer account stays in Active Directory....is there a way thru the Connection Broker to auto-delete the old Computer Account Object?

Any help is much appreciated,

Steve

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VirtualKenneth
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm running the same environment as you do in my test lab. Normally when a computer account is already in the Active Directory and a system is added using a already existing computername this computer account gets overwritten.

Just tried to manually deploy a new XP system using an account that was already in AD and this is working fine. My date of creation (within AD) has a timestamp from a week ago and the modified timestamp is from 5 minutes ago.

I'm guessing that maybe a policy is denying you write access to an already known account?

Signature:

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanx!

0 Kudos
dlee_12
Contributor
Contributor

hi! I've similar issue...any idea how do i check whether a policy is blocking me to recreate a known account in AD? For my case, once it recreate, the computer account will be disabled as well. Thanks.

0 Kudos