VMware Horizon Community
Bill_Oyler
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Does iPad Client for View 5 support Subject Alternative Name (SAN) certificates?

Does anyone know whether the iPad App for View 5.0 suports Subject Alternative Name (SAN) certificates?  I tested a SAN certificate on a View 5.0 Security Server, and it worked great for all of the FQDN's in the certificate when using the Windows-based View 5.0 Client.  However, when I try to connect using the iPad App, it appears to only trust the Common Name (CN) rather than the additional FQDNs in the SAN certificate.  The nice thing about SAN certificates is that you can buy 1 certificate with a whole bunch of FQDNs, and use the same certificate on many servers.  But this appears to break the View iPad Client.  Can someone confirm that this is a limiation of the iPad App?  Is this expected to be fixed in a future release?  Or are we stuck buying individual certificates for each of our servers?

Bill Oyler Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
runitsaaron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had this same issue.  I get mine from DigiCert, and they offer duplicate certificates.  I got a duplicate with my View Manager FQDN as the first CN, and installed it.  After that, I was able to use it on the iPad.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
runitsaaron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had this same issue.  I get mine from DigiCert, and they offer duplicate certificates.  I got a duplicate with my View Manager FQDN as the first CN, and installed it.  After that, I was able to use it on the iPad.

0 Kudos