VMware Horizon Community
essisim
Contributor
Contributor

Does View 5 have RADIUS support?

Hi,

does the newest version of vmware view support RADIUS authentication?

I am asking since our current remote logons are using two-factor authentication with RADIUS(SecurEnvoy) and SMS-messages for Citrix. If we were to go from Citrix to View, it would be great if we could still use the same RADIUS server and functionality.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Not yet.

Mark.

0 Kudos
PaulWoodhouse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We're in exactly the same position using SecurEnvoy and SMS for 2 factor authentication currently for 2003 Terminal Services which we've been quite happy with.

Unfortunatly we're now being forced to look at RSA SecurID due to the lack of RADIUS support in View.

0 Kudos
essisim
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paul,

I agree, this is quite a big show-stopper atm. Going back to RSA is not an option for us.

The other alternative is smspasscode.com , which I`ve been in contact with today. We are using our SecurEnvoy through a sms gateway from Teletopia and I am awaiting a reply from smspasscode wether or not this they can support it. Either way, in a pilot/test - period it`s a bit too much having two SMS-two factor authentication services...

Let me know how you get on Paul, quite interesting seeing as we are running exactly the same services Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
wally
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

"No[t] yet" suggests it's either planned/being worked on, are you in liberty to communicate a timeframe when we can expect a more open authentication framework?

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We can't yet give a timeframe. I'll put a document out on the End User Computing CTO site when I can give more information.

0 Kudos
PaulWoodhouse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I understand the desire to remain non-committal in terms of dates and at least we now know it's on the roadmap. Can we at least say it'll likely be available in a 5.x release of View? i.e. We're not talking years down the line?

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is a high priority for us and I will put better information out on this when I can.

Mark.

0 Kudos
udalsem
Contributor
Contributor

They want to keep Radius out as long as possible because:

VMware is of EMC

RSA is of EMC

So they want to sell their own products and wont allow any competitors.

0 Kudos
srnhpp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think within sort time we will get that service. 

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

spx wrote:

They want to keep Radius out as long as possible ...

Actually, not true.

I'll put some information out as soon as I can.

Mark.

0 Kudos
Richard1882
Contributor
Contributor

I have heard rumors that it comes with View 5.1 (End of Q1 2012).

--

Richard

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

RADIUS is supported with View 5.1 which is available now.

I've written some RADIUS setup notes here http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-19448 and included a 45 minute video which goes into this in a lot more detail and includes a section on troubleshooting.

See View 5.1 product page and View Documentation

Mark

0 Kudos