VMware Horizon Community
jeffclink
Contributor
Contributor

Disconnecting from Desktop

Hello all,  Is anyone aware of a way to close out the view client entirely when disconnecting from a desktop?  Currently when disconnecting it still leaves the users available machines up.  We have several conference rooms here that use a pc with the latest view client and  have had several instances of users disconnecting and walking way only to have there list of machine's still available for anyone to walk up and select on of them without having to sign on again..Attached is the screen that is left up after a users disconnects from a session

vm.jpg

Tags (1)
10 Replies
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

Welcome to Forum. In your pool settings select this option - Automatically logoff after disconnect. This way, when the users disconnect the VDI VM is logged off

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
jharrell1
Contributor
Contributor

I just posted this same question this morning.  I hope someone offers a solution soon.  Logging out of the VM is not the issue, when you manually log out of the VM you're taken back to the 'select desktop' (screenshot above)  you can select any desktop without having to re-enter credentials.  We need to log out of the view connection server at logout of vm

0 Kudos
RickyJGreen
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All. I know this is kind of dead, but I'm facing the same situation. Does anyone have a solution to this, or a link to another thread?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
jharrell1
Contributor
Contributor

if you're launching the view app from a command prompt you can add '--once' to the string.  when the users disconnects it will close the view application opposed to going back to the 'choose a desktop screen'.

i've scripted the launch of the view app so it will auto-launch at boot and when its closed, seems to be working well for us

hope that helps

0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

I think --once switch is available only for Linux based client and not for Windows.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
jeffclink
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome TY!

0 Kudos
jharrell1
Contributor
Contributor

vcpguy,

I believe that is correct. however, i will say that when i logout of a vm from my windows view client the app cloeses automatically and doesnt seem to behave the same as noted above.

I'm running horizion view client 5.4.1219906 on win7 x64

0 Kudos
RickyJGreen
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to everyone. What I've ran into is if the user is entitled to only one pool, then when they log out of the VM, the connection to the connection server is terminated, and this is good. The issue is when they are entitled to more than one pool, when they logout of the VM, they are returned to the View Client and can choose the pools again. We have departments where the workstations are shared, and we don't want one user forgetting to sign out of the View Client and allowing another user to chart under the previous users name.

0 Kudos
bjohn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This is why I still use the 5.4.x client.

I hate the new client, no advantage in using the 2.3 client (that I know of).

Also, it looks like when you set the screen resolution options (full, partial etc..) on the new client, they dont stick and revert back to full screen.

RickyJGreen
Contributor
Contributor

bjohn, your post finally made me realize what client we're using. I changed from the 2.3 client to the 5.4 client and everything works great!! This solves my issue with no downsides that I can see. That goes to show the latest is not always the greatest. LOL. Thanks to everyone for the responses.

0 Kudos