VMware Horizon Community
ETAVIS_GNS_AG
Contributor
Contributor

Disconnect on Idle

Hello Team

we are currently implementing Windows 10 & Server 2016 for our VDI enviroment.

Till now we used Idle Monitor (idlemon) to determine if a user is idle. Unfortunately we do have some problems with idlemon since we upgraded to windows 10 and server 2016. While searching for new solutions i found the following thread Re: Idle Time until disconnect session and that works nearly fine for us.

Only problem we do have that we are trying to solve this situation:

"lock" after 15min of inactivity

"disconnect" after 60min inactivity

Unfortunately the "lock" timeout is used to run the Grim Admin Screensaver and cannot used for a "normal" lock. The reason that we don't want to disconnect the user right after 15min is, that the user should not enter a token for authentication again.

Unforntuantely the GPO Computer Config, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, Security Options, Interactive logon: Machine inactivity limit. is not working either. The user will still be disconnected with the time set in on the "Mainche inactivity limit" or "Screen Saver Timeout"

Do you have any suggestions how to solve a autmatic lock and automatic disconnect on idle with vmware horizon (scheduled tasks are not a option).

Regards

Luca

0 Kudos
2 Replies
agalliasistju
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have not yet needed to do this in our environment, however we have discussed multiple times and concluded that we might be able to do this with Scheduled Tasks.  I know you said that was not an option for you, and I know it wasn't an option for us for a long time.  However, with the recent versions of VMware UEM (old Immidio) and the ability to elevate privileges (Privilege Elevation) it might be possible for us if we needed to.  Just an idea for you if you have access to UEM.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

We are doing this with scheduled tasks and without UEM.

0 Kudos