VMware Horizon Community
blexcom
Contributor
Contributor

Disconnect due to lost connection to the server

View 4.6 on all components.

I can connect to the infrastructure using PCOIP over the WAN from a laptop without issues.

Tested on my stock Motorola Atrix, I get the message in the title screen after logging in and picking my desktop.
Also tested on my Viewsonic G-tablet running a custom ROM, same issue but I can see the desktop loading in the background, it reaches 100% but clicking the "ok" for the disconnect makes it exit the application.

Not sure what the issue could be as I would think if I can connect PCOIP with a laptop then the security server and firewall configs are good.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TigerC10
Contributor
Contributor

I got this problem too, a direct result of not having PCOIP available from a port restriction.

On the iPad version of the VMWare View client, you're permitted to select between remote desktop (RDP) or PCOIP - as a result the network administrator never allowed the ports for PCOIP through the firewall.  This is how I have to connect using my PC/Mac clients too - if I use PCOIP it fails, only through RDP does it succeed.

I see that today VMWare View got updated beyond "Tech Preview" - was hoping they'd have added RDP support but it looks like it's still PCOIP only.  Major bummer.

0 Kudos
JLogan3o13
Contributor
Contributor

I recently completed a rollout of the Security Server, and was encountering this exact issue. For me, it was a single check box that I failed to check. In the View Administrator web console, under Servers,  on the Edit Page of your main Connection Broker, both check boxes need to be selected (see screenshot). Hopefully this is as easy a fix for you as it was for me.

0 Kudos