VMware Horizon Community
NelsonCandela
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Disable "Enable Folder Sharing" feature in HTML5 entirely

Hey guys,

I need to disable the "Enable Folder Sharing" feature in HTML5 entirely but I don't know how.

NelsonCandela_0-1695305187724.png

This morning I've been digging through settings files, tons of JavaScript and CSS lines to find a way to remove or at least hide this feature from the HTML5 Web GUI – without success.

The latest thing I've tried is to set up a GPO and disable File Transfer, which btw. works as intended – but it's just not what I am looking for; it does disable the File Transfer panel, but "Enable Folder Sharing" is a different thing!

When a user connects he's able to select a local folder to map through to his virtual Desktop, but that local folder is from the Connection Server itself. This is highly problematic, as one could imagine, as using a "Browse" window is already enough to do lots of stupid stuff on that machine (given the permissions are not entirely stripped).

NelsonCandela_0-1695305652024.png

So, does anyknow know how I can remove and/or disable this Feature or simply hide it?

BR
NC

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NelsonCandela
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Here is the solution workaroundUse Registry Settings to Configure Client Drive RedirectionThis is to disable CDR functionality by creating a certain registry key in the Golden Master.

To disable client drive redirection, create a new string value named disabled and set its value to true.

HKLM\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware TSDR\disabled=true

The value is false (enabled) by default.

Note:
Please understand that this workaround does not hide or deactivate the "Enable Folder Sharing" Horizon Web Client. You will still be able to enable that option and select local folders for sharing, yet these are unavailable in Windows Explorer and thus are not shown in a VDI session.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NelsonCandela
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Here is the solution workaroundUse Registry Settings to Configure Client Drive RedirectionThis is to disable CDR functionality by creating a certain registry key in the Golden Master.

To disable client drive redirection, create a new string value named disabled and set its value to true.

HKLM\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware TSDR\disabled=true

The value is false (enabled) by default.

Note:
Please understand that this workaround does not hide or deactivate the "Enable Folder Sharing" Horizon Web Client. You will still be able to enable that option and select local folders for sharing, yet these are unavailable in Windows Explorer and thus are not shown in a VDI session.

0 Kudos