VMware Horizon Community
AllBlack
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Disable access via RDP client?

Hi guys,

I am brand new to vmware view. Have a good undertanding of vsphere and have now been asked to do a View trial.

I probably will be asking a bunch of questions, no doubt some silly ones, in this forum.

I have a very basic install up and running and was able to access my VD via the client on multiple different platforms.
My first question is whether it is actually possible to stop someone from accessing the VD via a RDP client and only allow access via VMware View Client ?
Right now I can connect via View client, determine hostname and access it via RDP thus disconnecting View session.

Cheers

Please consider marking my answer as "helpful" or "correct"
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

how about disabling RDP connection from the OS and that the only connection available will be PCOIP - that means it would only be coming from view client.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

how about disabling RDP connection from the OS and that the only connection available will be PCOIP - that means it would only be coming from view client.

0 Kudos
AllBlack
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

That simple huh. Told you I would ask silly questions 😉

Now unfortunatelly that would not work for MAC clients as the MAC vmware view client (4.6) relies on RDP by the looks of it.
What is the best option to get around that? Is there a web client I can use instead?

cheers

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

there is a mac client technical preview that supports PCOIP. it works pretty well for me and i think it's good enough for POC stage ..

0 Kudos
AllBlack
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks. That will do for now Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Prevent non-View clients from connecting directly to View desktops through RDP by disabling the AllowDirectRDP group policy setting.

a

On your Active Directory server, open the Group Policy Management Console and select Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > VMware View Agent Configuration.

b

Disable the AllowDirectRDP setting.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos